Discouragement With Our New Schedule

I mentioned we were starting our new schedule this week. It's not working out like I had hoped. We are just trying to do the morning routines, yet we can't seem to get a grasp on that. I had planned one week to adjust to each section of the schedule (morning, midday, evening). It will take us much longer...

Cory is working from 11 pm to 7 am. I started our days later, so we could spend more time with him. He is enjoying the extra time in the mornings with us. He's able to come home and eat breakfast. I have also scheduled the children to do their chores at this time. It is such a help to have him around while they do this.

But, I feel like the day is half over before we even get rolling in the morning! In the past he has worked from 6 am to 5 pm and I would get up with him and have my alone time before the children got up. I am missing that time alone.

Even with adjusting our get-up time, I feel like we are running late in the morning. I haven't been able to have my personal bible time consistently this week. I've skipped it, to shorten our mornings and fit everything in. Maybe I am trying to get too much done?

Even though we are only officially doing the morning routine, we have been better about getting the children to bed on time. Last evening we were able to sit on the couch and watch a movie alone. This is something we haven't had time to do in quite awhile.

I have scheduled my post writing time at 11 pm, after Cory goes to work. In reality, by the time he leaves I just want to crawl into bed! I can't concentrate and I don't get as much done as I do in the morning.

I'm not ready to scrap the schedule yet. I think I will rearrange a few things first. Even though I am feeling discouraged right now, I know that if we look at our schedule as a goal and keep working toward it, we will benefit greatly from it.

How do you schedule? Or have you given up?

    0 comments: